Program Manager (PhDs)
Requirements & Responsibilities
#486334: PhDs, Program Manager
• A PhD degree in engineering, computer science or related field (12 months of graduation or graduated within the last 12 months).
• A year or two of experience programming in C++, Java or other computer programming languages preferred.
• Some experience building software beyond the classroom environment like an internship or related experience for customers strongly preferred
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of computer science fundamentals that affect code implementation and customer experience
• Demonstrated ability in feature definition, design and feasibility
• Familiarity with managing complex project schedules and nurturing cross-group collaboration.
• Demonstrated ability in estimating development time and relevant challenges to delivery.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and a desire to create an open and collaborative team culture
• Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict management.
About the Employer
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our mission is grounded in both the world in which we live and the future we strive to create. Today, we live in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, and the transformation we are driving across our businesses is designed to enable Microsoft and our customers to thrive in this world. We do business in 170 countries and are made up of 114,000 passionate employees dedicated to fulfilling our mission of helping you and your organization achieve more.