#494318: PhDs, Data & Applied Science
• Currently pursuing a PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Applied Sciences like Biostatistics, Physics, Chemistry, Computational Neurology and or other quant-focused field
• Some Engineering experience and or project course work using large data systems on SQL, Hadoop, etc.
• Proficiency using one or more programming or scripting language to work with data such as: Python, Perl, or C#.
• Some experience and or project course work performing data analysis and applying statistics working with tools such as: Excel, R, MATLAB, AMPL, or SAS.
• Some experience and or project course work with product and service telemetry systems.
• Some A/B Testing or experimentation (this can be from conducting real life science experiments, hypothesis testing in stats etc.) Not required but ideal.
• Some experience or course work applying basic ML to a type of data and or used algorithms to conduct experiments on data. Machine Learning strongly encouraged.
• Passion to learn from your peers, manager, and other stakeholders in the Data Science domain.
• Ability to interact with peers and stakeholders to drive product and business impact.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our mission is grounded in both the world in which we live and the future we strive to create. Today, we live in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, and the transformation we are driving across our businesses is designed to enable Microsoft and our customers to thrive in this world. We do business in 170 countries and are made up of 114,000 passionate employees dedicated to fulfilling our mission of helping you and your organization achieve more.